I help people to use and create information, and advocate so that everyone can do the same. My experience as a librarian has included roles with global impact on the profession, national influence, and lasting outcomes for library organisations and individuals. My work has included:
- Academic library management and service delivery
- Policy and advocacy in areas including research evaluation, copyright, open data and open access, and the UN 2030 Agenda (Sustainable Development Goals).
- Extensive focus on building the capacity of the library profession, working closely with associations, and individual leaders
- Strategic planning, programme design, delivery, and evaluation. Expertise in monitoring and evaluation, library assessment
- Development of partnerships across sectors
- Grant planning and implementation
I have developed, implemented and evaluated programmes, grants, events and initiatives that benefit libraries in all regions of the world working with colleagues in more than 80 countries. I’ve been based in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia.
ORCiD ID: 0000-0002-3622-2794
My personal blog includes thoughts on a range of issues.